Do you let rooms for less than a month or few days?
– We don’t let rooms on daily basis, we offer rooms only on long term basis.
What is other charges besides rent, that I incur and how are they calculated?
– Besides rent, customer has pay their share of common expenses. Common Expenses are calculated end of the month, taking into account money incurred on SP services ( Electricity, water, gas, ), Internet and TV subscriptions charges, cleaning charges, unit maintenance expenses. Common Expenses are equally shared by all people in the house.
What is Stamp duty and how is it calculated?
– Stamp duty is the fee paid to IRS (Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore to make the Tenancy Agreement, legal). Stamp duty is calculated based on the rent and duration of stay. Suppose you are rent is 1000$ per month and contract duration is 6 months, then stamp duty fee is 1000$*6/ 250$ = 24$. ( Every 250$ revenue – 1$ is the stamp fee). Stamp duty is always paid by tenant.
Do you charge any agency fee and if yes, how much should I pay, if I decided to move in to your apartment?
– We are not real estate agency and hence by law we cannot charge any agency fee. Also the properties listed here are either owned or leased by us, so you deal with us directly and hence you dont pay any agency fee.
I wish to cook at home, do you provide cooking utensils?
– You are welcome to cook. However we don’t provide any utensils for cooking.
What is the maximum fee that I need to pay if I terminate the contract prematurely?
– The max liability for early termination is equivalent to 1 month rent, however the fee could be either high or low that depends upon the reason for termination of contract.
How much should I pay upfront, if I decide to move in?
– After you decide on the room you wish to move in, you will be paying One month rent amount + Deposit (equal to 1 month rent) + Stamp duty fee. Yes in Singapore Rent and Deposit is collected upfront.
Currently I’m oversea and I’m coming to Singapore in few weeks for employment, so how can you help me to book a room through your portal?
– That is very easy.. please follow the below steps…
A. Request room photos (or videos) of the room which you are interested in from the sales guy.
B. Review the photos and if you like the room, then get confirmation on move in date, stay duration, rent deposit etc.
C. Send copy of your passport and work pass approval letter (usually called the In Principal Approval letter).
D. Review the contract sent by us and confirm to the terms and conditions.
E. After you agree to the terms, you will receive initial invoice for deposit (this deposit is adjusted against your initial move in fee)
F. Make payment against the invoice using your country debit / credit card.
– That it your place is secured.
Let us know the date and time you are landing in Singapore and one of our sales staff will be available to receive and host you in your room.